Saturday, July 14, 2007

Don't Ever Go To Sun City



I shot yet another cd cover on Friday, it was for a local R&B guy called Loyiso. We did the shoot at Sun City and it turned out to be the longest shoot I've ever been on. We left Jozi at 5 in the morning, we didn' start shooting until 10 and we only did our last shot at about 7 in the evening. I don't understand why everything took so long but it did, we didn't even stop for lunch. So I only got to eat when I got home last night at 21.30. We got to shoot in a suite called the 'King Suite' which costs a mere R46700 a night, Forest Whitaker is one of the people who stayed there and can obviously afford it. Why?

7 comments:

Simone Zandstra make-up artist said...

I ask myself the same question over and over. It was ridiculous! Hope you survided your weekend.

Simone (makeup artist)

Katie Schenk said...

Your agents are loving your new stuff...

ST(E)AK said...

Why do these people lie to us and even more to themselves by taking pictures in "fancy" expensive hotel rooms ? what kind of image is that when they cant even be "bling" ( i fucking hate that word!!!). And look at the token white female with that guy... that girl knows he aint got no money. My grandma used to say live within your means.

Lora Jansen said...

"I dont understand why VERYTHING took so long... " (i shoulda bin a copywriter unless that was on purpose. Yip that's the "verything" that makes me mad! They like to drag out the perfection aspect, when there is no such thing... I think ive been to sun city once - that was the last, don't see the point. Ide rather drive 18 hours in hot car sweating!

Warren van Rensburg said...

Thanks Lora, spelling mistakes are fixed. Glad to see you are all loving 'Shit City'

Jason said...

you're doing some good shit lately. I dunno about all that bling shite though. I suppose to be a role model today you need some jewellery and sunglasses and someone else's expensive car in your photo. Of course, let's not forget the American accent.

Anonymous said...

why do you care when you eat if it wasnt for leksie youed never eat a fucking thing haha stakes comment is funny.... hope youre well hommie ill give you a call some time
peace